Guideline for a successful Wedding Reception
Order of Events for A Successful Reception
1. DJ will be playing light music during cocktail hour.
2. Music will continue as guests enter Reception Hall (if different location).
3. DJ will have guests find seats before Grand Entrance.
4. Grand Entrance of Wedding Party and Bride & Groom into Reception Hall.
5. Guests and Wedding Party will be seated for First Dance.
6. DJ will coordinate with Best Man & Maid of Honor to announce the toasts.
7. DJ will coordinate with caterers and event staff to announce meal service.
8. DJ will play light music (Jazz Standards, Love Ballads, etc.) during the meal.
9. Bride & Groom will visit tables after eating to greet guests.
10. After the meal, DJ will announce the traditional dances:
- First Dance (if not done directly after Grand Entrance).
- Father/Daughter Dance
- Mother/Son Dance
- Anniversary Dance (if desired)
11. DJ will invite guests to join the dance floor. Open dancing for 30-45 mins.
12. DJ will announce the Cake Cutting Ceremony.
13. DJ will announce/coordinate the Honeymoon Dance (if desired).
14. Open dancing again.
15. DJ will announce/coordinate the Bouquet Toss and Garter Removal/Toss.
16. DJ will continue with party music and open dancing for remainder of night.
This is a standard/traditional arrangement of wedding reception events. The order can be customized to accommodate your personal vision and taste. By using this as a guide, while working with your DJ, you are assured the most perfect wedding reception! We look forward to working with you.